The UnAustralian

Friday, April 18, 2003
 
Global Warming

Since I've written a fair bit about global warming, I've decided to created a post summarising what I've written.

Global warming, is an interest of mine, and consequently, I've posted a fair bit on it.

A selection of interesting links on global warming can be found here, and here.

There is some stuff on the costs of the Kyoto protocol for Italy here. And here's a post on the costs of not doing anything about global warming, sea levels in this case.

I've been meaning to monitor global temperatures (translation: link to other websites) for a while. Here's the first post on this.

Here's some posts (links) on the relationship between the sun and global warming.

What a comparison between global warming skeptics and creationists? Here you go.

A couple of economists have critiqued the economic modeling behind the IPCC global warming scenarios. I started to lay out a case against them, but never got round to doing most of it. But anyway, this post introduces the models used by the IPCC, and this post compares predicted growth rates vs. historically observed growth rates. I've got a lot more to write about this, and will one day get around to it.

John Daly is a Australian global warming skeptic. At the request of Ken Parish (which was in turn induced by this post on the medieval warm period), I've looked at detail into one of his articles. Here, here, here, and here are a series of posts covering my comments on this article. These posts are summarised here. In order to get Daly's opinion on some of the sources of information he used, I emailed him twice. He replied to my second email, and I'm still waiting on his permission to publish it.

It's been suggested that the sun plays a greater role in global warming, than previously thought. Anybody interested in this, should find this post interesting. Likewise for this one.

Global warming effects the world in a number of ways. Here's a post on the recent drought and global warming.

Note: When I was writing this post, blogger decided to stop me reading my archives, so I published it incomplete, and what your reading is an updated version. I'll probably update this post multiple times in the future.
| 4:21 PM