The UnAustralian

Friday, April 25, 2003
 
Stereotyping

One thing which has always got my goat up, is people attributing views to other people on the basis of their own stereotypes, rather than what the other actually thinks. The war in Iraq is a case in point about this. And then what really gets my goat up, is when people starting making up arguments that have never been made.

Recently some mobile chemical and/or biological labs were found in Iraq. I posted about it here, as did Bargarz. As it turned out, the labs weren't used for WMD research, but that's beside the point here.

Bargarz stated that Colin Powell received much ridicule over his claim of mobile research labs, being skeptical about this, I emailed Bargarz to ask "I was wondering who it was who ridiculed Colin Powell over his claim of mobile labs, as I was unaware of anybody ridiculing that particular claim?" on the 17th April. Now that it's been over a week, and he hasn't replied (but is posting), I'm starting to suspect that he's ignoring my question.

The nice guy in me suggests that my email may not have gotten through, or he may have forgotten about it. The cynic suggests that his comment was simply a smear aimed at those people who don't share his views on the war.
| 4:28 PM