The UnAustralian

Saturday, May 10, 2003
 
The Day After

As my major reason for opposing a war against Iraq was skepticism over the Bush administration ability to do a decent job at reconstruction (before the war, I thought that the WMD danger was BS, now the lack of evidence supporting a significant WMD program makes me feel quite confident that this is the case), I find this post by John Quiggin quite interesting.

The post looks at the costs involved in a reconstruction and the revenues that Iraq has. There is a big difference between the two numbers.

Like John, I feel that Australia should hand over a decent sum of money towards reconstruction, but I'll go a bit further and suggest that my little own New Zealand should do the same. Not because it did anything wrong (rather I supported NZ's stance before the war, and I still do), but because it's the decent thing to do.

Update: Fixed the bad link. Opps.
| 2:42 PM