The UnAustralian

Monday, July 14, 2003
 
Brian Deegan

I've spent the last few days trying to think up a post on Brian Deegan. Essentially, I see the story as follows, father of Bali bombing victim writes a number of pieces for the media expressing his views, his views are attacked by variously bloggers who disagree with him (fair enough), however, they complement these attacks with some pretty personal jabs (unfair), when accused of being a bunch of wankers they cry foul. The Baboon has collected some quotes.

My problem is not that they disagree with Deegan (hell, I disagree with parts of what he says) but with the person attacks that they launched (example: "I reckon he's an arsehole who has spent the last 9 months hiding behind the body of his dead son sniping at the Goverment every chance he gets" - Bob Bunnett).
| 7:29 PM