The UnAustralian

Wednesday, July 23, 2003
 
Housecleaning

Having just come back from reading Troppo Armadillo, I'm inspired not to blog on my obsession with global warming for at least one week.

Geoff Honnor can be thanked for part of this decision for making the following statement:

Unless someone can come up with incontrovertible proof that Saddam was actually engaged on an elaborate subterfuge to conceal the fact that he was working on a remix of "We are the world, we are the children" with Nelson Mandela, Vaclav Havel and Oprah Winfrey - all proceeds to charity - it may be time to drop the whole reasons for war non-event. If any Australian voter ever believed that the reasons for war rested on Niger uranium and 45 minutes to Armageddon I'd be very surprised, and probably more perplexed than Hugh.

Obviously, I don't agree. And will post more on the subject.

Another Armadillo, Christopher Sheil, can also take partially blame for this. By mentioning Herodotus, of whom this blogger has a particular soft spot for, he's reminded me that I've been planning to write a view of the Histories since this blogs start.

And on the history theme, I will also write a post on the forging of the Jesus Ossuary, something which I've been researching for a while, but have consistently put off writing up.

The optimist in me suggests that this can be done in week. The realist suggests that it will be a while longer before global warming reenters this site.
| 1:10 AM